You’ll be amazed at how easy this delicious Apple Betty crumble is to whip up and you’ll be even more amazed with how it tastes. Our Short Bread 9 inch deep-dish pie tin or ceramic pan you’d like, just be sure to pat down the crumble topping before baking. Apple Pie spice blend is a lovely blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves. You should find it right in the spices or baking aisle at your local store. This recipe makes the whole house smell like it’s Christmas morning. We know this will become a household favorite for your family for holidays to come.
|1 x 7 ounce package||Shortbread cookies|
|3 cups||apple pieces|
|3 tbsp||orange juice|
|3 tbsp||light brown sugar|
|1 tsp||apple pie spice blend|
|7 tbsp||unsalted butter|
|to serve||vanilla ice cream|
|to serve||sugar powder|
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the peeled apple slices, orange juice and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar. Stir well to coat all the apple slices as evenly as possible.
- Pour the apple mixture into an ungreased 9” deep dish pie pan and set aside.
- Place the cookies into a food processor and blitz until fine crumbs form. Set aside.
- In another medium mixing bowl combine the cookie crumbs, sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons of brown sugar and the apple pie spice blend. Using clean hands or a fork cut in the softened butter into this mixture to make crumbly clumps.
- Once well crumbled add this over top of the apple slices in the pie tin, spreading as evenly as possible over top and gently pressing down slightly to make a crust topping.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes until the apples are fork tender and the crumble topping is browned. Allow to cool a few minutes before serving.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a dusting of powdered sugar if so desired.