The BAG: Basil, Avocado, Gouda Sandwich
Try this delicious and healthy sandwich for a vegetarian treat. Creamy avocado, melty gouda and fragrant basil on our crispy artisan baker bread.
|4 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|3 tbsp||basil pesto|
|4 slices||Gouda cheese|
- Butter (use salted butter softened) the ousides of all 4 slices of bread. Spread the basil pesto on all 4 insides of the slices and layer 1 slice of cheese onto each piece of bread.
- In a large skillet over medium heat place 2 of the slices of bread butter side down and grill 1 to 2 minutes, or until the cheese starts to melt and the bread is golden brown.
- Slice ripened avocado. Layer on the slices of avocado and season with a bit of salt and pepper. Layer 5 spinach leaves then top with the other 2 slices of bread, cheese side down onto the avocado, butter side up.
- Press down slightly and carefully flip each sandwich, adjust heat if needed.
- Grill a further 1 to 2 minutes until all the cheese is melty and the bread is golden brown. 6. Turn off heat, slice and serve straight away.