Chicken Tetrazzini Bake
Chicken Tetrazzini is a great way to use leftover cooked chicken, but let’s face it—it’s really all about the rich and creamy pasta mixture and the tasty crumb topping!
|3 slices||Deli Style Sourdough|
|6 tbsp divided||butter|
|3/4 cup divided||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|2 tbsp||parsley, chopped|
|1 cup||onion, diced|
|2 tsp||garlic, chopped|
|8 oz||mushrooms, sliced|
|2 tbsp optional||dry Sherry|
|3/4 cup||chicken broth|
|1/8 tsp||black pepper, ground|
|4 cups||chicken, cooked and shredded|
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Put bread in food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs. This makes about 2 ½ cups of crumbs.
- Measure 2 cups of crumbs and put them in a medium bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter. Pour it over the crumbs in the medium bowl. Stir in ¼ cup of the parmesan cheese and the parsley. Set this crumb topping aside.
- Put the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sherry, then stir in remaining ½ cup crumbs and remaining ½ cup parmesan cheese.
- Stir in broth, milk, salt and pepper, then cook for 2 minutes.
- Add shredded chicken and combine well. Remove from heat.
- Add cooked spaghetti to hot chicken mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide mixture evenly among individual baking dishes. Top with reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until topping is golden brown.