Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Squares
These Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Squares deliver a satisfying sweet ‘n salty chocolate crunch, perfect for after school snacking!
|3 slices||Deli Style Sourdough|
|1/2 cup||powdered sugar|
|1/4 cup melted||butter|
|1/2 cup||corn syrup|
|1/4 cup||light brown sugar|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup||pecan or walnut halves|
|3/4 cup broken into small pieces||gluten free pretzels|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put the bread slices in a food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Add sugar and melted butter, then pulse until mixed.
- Press mixture firmly onto bottom of a greased 8-inch baking dish.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Remove pan from oven, but keep oven on.
- Put eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt into large bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Add Chocolix pieces, nuts, and pretzel pieces. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture over baked crust in baking dish.
- Return pan to oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack, then loosen sides with a knife. Cool 30 more minutes, then cut into squares.