What’s the secret to the texture of these cupcakes? We add ground Chocolate Honeygrams to the almond flour cake batter, resulting in a gluten-free chocolate cupcake that just might be the best you’ve ever tasted!
|2 packages||Chocolate Honeygrams|
|1 3/4 cups||almond flour|
|2 1/2 tbsp||cocoa powder|
|1/2 tsp||baking powder|
|1/2 cup||maple syrup|
|1/4 cup||melted butter|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|1/2 cup bittersweet||chocolate chips|
|1/4 cup||35% heavy cream|
Make the cupcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- Put Honeygrams in food processor or blender and pulse into fine crumbs.
- Put crumbs, almond flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk together and set aside.
- Put eggs in a medium bowl and beat slightly.
- Whisk in maple syrup, melted butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool cupcakes in pan for 5 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack. Cool 15 minutes.
Make the frosting:
- Put chocolate chips in a medium bowl.
- Put cream in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and bring cream to a slight simmer.
- Pour cream over chips and stir until chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Frost cupcakes and allow them to rest at room temperature 10 minutes.
Tip: Decorate cupcakes with additional Chocolate Honeygram pieces or crumbs.