Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
These mouth-watering Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes will delight your friends and family. We top them with Cream Cheese Icing so they look and taste just like the classic cinnamon rolls of your dreams!
|10 slices||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|4 tbsp||brown sugar|
|3 tbsp||unsalted butter, softened|
|3 tsp||cinnamon, ground|
|1 cup||cream, half & half|
|2 tsp divided||vanilla extract|
|2 tbsp||cream cheese, softened|
|1 tbsp||butter, softened|
|1/4 cup||powdered sugar|
Make the Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 12-cup nonstick muffin/cupcake pan.
- Trim crusts from bread. Arrange bread slices on large cutting board.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Spread each bread slice with butter.
- Evenly sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture on top of buttered bread slices.
- Stack 2 bread slices together with cinnamon-sugar sides facing each other. Repeat to make a total of 5 sandwiches.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut each bread stack into 8 to 10 strips, then cut each strip crosswise in half.
- Carefully line the muffin cups with the strips, in a circular pattern, dividing the slices evenly to fill all 12 cups.
- Place the eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and the half & half in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend.
- Use a small measuring cup to pour the egg mixture over the bread strips, dividing the mixture evenly among the muffin cups. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cupcakes spring back to the touch. Cool pan on wire rack for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Use a knife to loosen the edges of the cupcakes, and then carefully invert muffin pan to release cupcakes onto a platter.
Make the Cream Cheese Icing:
- Combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, butter and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a small bowl. Stir until smooth.
- Spread 1 teaspoon icing evenly on top of each cupcake.