Cloudy with a chance of Eggs
These light and fluffy egg clouds are the perfect start to the day served with our Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread. A quick and easy start to a healthy day.
|2 slices||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|1 pinch/es of||red chili flakes, crushed|
- Separate the eggs by placing the egg whites into a medium mixing bowl and reserving the egg yolks in 2 small ramekins, separated and being careful not to break the yolks.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a small sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper.
- With electric beaters or a standing mixer whip the eggwhites on high until stiff peaks form, as you would a meringue.
- Evenly divide the eggwhites into 2 heaped mounds on the prepared sheet pan and with the back of a spoon create a well in the middle which will cradle the egg yolk. Be sure to build up the sides enough to hold the egg yolk.
- Bake the egg whites at 450 degrees F for 2 minutes, then carefully add the egg yolks to the wells you made and season with a bit of salt and pepper and a pinch of crushed red chili flakes.
- Bake a further 3 to 4 minutes until the egg yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Serve straight away with the toast.