Fusilli with meat sauce
A hearty meat sauce with beef, tomatoes, and herbs.
|500 g||ripe tomatoes|
|200 g||fillet of beef|
|4 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tsp||meat extract|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
- Cut the meat into tiny cubes.
- Crush the clove of garlic and fry in a saucepan with the olive oil.
- Remove when golden and add the pieces of meat.
- Brown well on all sides and add the tomatoes, after peeling and squeezing gently by hand to remove the excess water and seeds.
- Boil for a short time, then add half a cupful of hot water in which the meat extract has been dissolved, add the basil, season with salt and freshly ground pepper and continue cooking for about half an hour over a moderate flame with the lid on.
- Cook the pasta in plenty of salted water (12 minutes), drain whilst still ´al dente´ (resistant), place in a bowl and add the ragout. Serve with parmesan cheese.