Grilled Herby Pork & Kimchi Ciabatta Sliders
Summer is almost here, which means it’s grilling and barbequing season finally. Our Ciabattas are the perfect bun for all your burger dreams, but why not think outside the bun!! Here is a delicious and exciting new recipe that packs a flavor punch and is anything but your usual grilled burger patty.
|680 g||minced pork|
|1/4 cup||green onions, finely chopped|
|to taste||salt and pepper|
|1/2 tbsp||Kimchi juice|
|optional||sesame seeds (for sprinkling)|
- First make the sliders by combining the ground pork, green onions and a bit of salt and pepper in a bowl and work until well mixed with clean hands.
- Once well combined divide the mixture into 4 evenly sized patty’s in more of a square shape then round since the Ciabattas are square. You want the patties to fit well and keep in mind they will shrink slightly when cooking.
- Place on a plate and set aside.
- Warm your grill or pan on medium high heat. Once hot, warm the sliced Ciabatta halves for a minute or so to get a bit of color and warmth.
- Grill your pork patties on the grill for about 5 minutes per side until thoroughly cooked through and browned.
- Once cooked, transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl combine the kimchi juice with the mayonnaise until smooth and well mixed.
- Spread a bit of this mayonnaise mixture on each of the Ciabatta halves, divvying it up as evenly as possible.
- To assemble; place one of the pork patties onto one of the dressed Ciabatta halves followed by a bit of kimchi and a sprinkling of sesame seeds if desired. Top each patty with the other matching Ciabatta half and eat straight away. Enjoy.