Ham, Smoked Gouda & Fig Preserves Sandwich
This is a bite of everything you want in a sandwich; salty ham with the smokey bite of gouda and sweet fig preserves to finish almost like a sweet little surprise…
|2 slices||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|a little bit of||butter at room temperature|
|1-2 slices||Gouda cheese|
|3 slices||deli ham (Boars Head)|
|a little bit of||fig preserves|
- Butter one side of each slice of bread.
- On one piece of bread, place the slices of gouda cheese on the non buttered side of the bread. On the other slice of bread, spread a good amount of the fig preserves on the non buttered side of the bread.
- Layer the ham slices onto the slice of bread with the fig preserves and put both slices together to form your sandwich.
- In a medium sized skillet on medium high heat, grill the sandwich for a few minutes each side until golden brown and the cheese is as melty as desired. (about 2-3 minutes each side)
- Once grilled to desired doneness, slice in half and serve immediately.