Holiday Monte Cristo
An easy way to make a great meal for the family, our Monte Cristo sandwich will quickly use up all your holiday leftovers.
|4 slices||Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds|
|cranberry sauce or jam|
|4 slices (thick)||holiday leftover meat (ham, turkey, etc.)|
|6 slices||cheese of your choice (provolone, havarti, mozzarella or monterey jack)|
- Spread a layer of cranberry sauce on one slice of bread.
- Spread a layer of mustard on other slice.
- Layer cheese, ham, cheese, turkey, and cheese in between bread slices (or whatever your leftover holiday meat is).
- Beat egg thoroughly, mix in milk, pour into baking dish.
- Place sandwich in baking dish and coat in egg mix.
- Let sit for a few minutes on each side to soak up egg mix.
- Heat frying pan on medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add sandwiches and cook until dark golden brown on both sides.
- Remove, cut and enjoy.