Honey toast with cinnamon and apple (ice) cream
Every season has its own taste and each of them is good in its own way. Talking about winter that would be hot beverages, roasted food and sweets with a lot of honey. However, this honey toast can also be a great refreshing summer recipe!
|1 package||Artisan Baker Multigrain Bread|
|150 ml||whipping cream|
|50 g (roasted)||almonds|
|100 g||brown sugar|
- Wash the apples and leave them in a preheated oven (250°C) for about half an hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave the apples to cool down for another 30 minutes.
- Peel and cut the apples into 4 pieces. Put the pieces in a plastic bag. Leave it in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- In the meantime, hit the butter and honey in a pan, put a bread slice on it and fry each side until golden brown. Be careful – it burns easily! After that, leave the bread on a baking paper to cool down.
- Use cookie cutters of your choice (for example: hearts) and cut small forms out of the bread.
- Melt the sugar in a pot, until it becomes a caramelized syrup.
- Use the bread cookies and dip them into the melted sugar. Sprinkle them quickly with roasted, finely chopped almonds.
- To finish the apple cream: Put the frozen apples in a mixer, add cinnamon, as well as the whipping cream and blend it all well.
- Create little sandwiches out of the bread slices and the apple cream. Enjoy!