Macaroni ‘N’ Cheese
Dinner can’t get more delicious than a piping hot bowl of homemade macaroni and cheese. Based on taste, you’d never know this was Gluten Free.
|6 tbsp||unsalted butter|
|1 tsp||garlic, minced|
|8 oz (shredded)||Gruyère cheese|
|6 oz (shredded)||cheddar, extra sharp|
|1/2 tsp||black pepper|
|1/2 tsp||nutmeg, ground|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put two sleeves of table crackers into a food processor and grind until a fine powder.
- Cook the penne noodles as instructed on package. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Meanwhile, pour milk into a sauce pot and heat, but do not boil.
- In a separate large sauce pot, melt the butter with the garlic. Add cracker crumbs. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- While whisking, add the hot milk to the cracker mixture. Whisk while cooking for 4 minutes, until the mixture thickens and is smooth.
- Add the cheeses, pepper, and nutmeg and stir until smooth. Add the pasta and stir.
- Put noodles into a 3 qt baking dish or divide into 6 single-serve cocottes.
- Crush the remaining sleeve of Table Crackers and spread over the mac.
- Put it in the oven and bake for 30 minutes (15 minutes if in single-serve dishes) until the sauce is bubbly.
Serve immediately and enjoy!