Mustard Croutons and Kale Salad
These gluten free croutons add just the right amount of crunch and spice to take this orange and mustard kale salad to the next level!
|5 slices||Artisan Baker 10 Grains & Seeds|
|2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1 tsp||mustard powder|
|3/4 tsp||onion powder|
|1 pinch/es of||cayenne pepper|
|1 pinch/es of||salt|
|1 bunch||kale, washed, de-stemmed, and torn into small pieces|
|1/2 bunch||spinach, washed and torn|
|1/3 cup||cranberries, dried and unsweetened|
|1||avocado cut into small cubes|
|3,5 tbsp||coarse brown mustard|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the 10 Grains & Seeds into cubes, around a square centimeter.
- Mix mustard powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together.
- Toss the cubes in the olive oil and sprinkle in the spice mixture as you toss.
- Spread the cubes on a baking sheet lined in foil and bake for 15 min, till browned.
- Meanwhile, put clean, torn spinach and kale into a large bowl. Add cranberries, pepitas, feta, and ¾ cubed avocado.
- Peel one orange, tear into pieces, and add to bowl.
- Squeeze the second orange into a cup.
- Add coarse ground mustard and ¼ cubed avocado to orange juice and mix until emulsified and avocado is mostly broken down.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss till evenly coated.
- Top with croutons and enjoy.