Penne with chicken ragout, fennel and herbs
A light, summery recipe for meat lovers. Lean chicken breast becomes so tasty when combined with fennel, a mix of vegetables and herbs.
|4 oz||chicken breasts|
|1 oz||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|salt and pepper|
- Cut the chicken breasts into chunks no larger than a hazelnut.
- Clean the fennel roots, cut into wedges and then into wafer-thin slices using a vegetable cutter.
- Heat 4 tbsps oil in a frying pan, add the fennel and sauté on a hot ring for at least 5 minutes, until it is golden brown. Add the salt and remove pan from heat.
- To prepare the ragoût, chop the onion, carrot, celery and herbs (leave bay leaf whole) and crush the garlic clove.
- Heat 5 tbsps of oil and brown the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and braise for another 5-6 minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked.
- Add salt and the drained fennel and cook on a hot ring for 2 minutes stirring frequently, dilute with brandy and then remove from the heat, as soon as the brandy has evaporated.
- Remove the garlic and the bay leaf.
- Cook the pasta until "al dente", add to the pan, followed by the butter and plenty of ground pepper. Stir everything together for about a minute.
- If necessary, dilute with a few spoonfuls of the hot pasta water. Remove from the heat, add the cheese and serve immediately.