Pumpkin Soup with Apple & Goat Cheese Crackers
This savory Pumpkin Soup paired with Apple & Goat Cheese Crackers is sure to warm you on a chilly Autumn day. Each spoonful offers subtle notes of rosemary and thyme complemented by the flavors of pumpkin, apple and curry.
|8 pieces of||Multigrain Table Crackers|
|1||apple, peeled and finley diced|
|1/4 cup||shallots, chopped|
|1 tsp||thyme, chopped|
|1 tsp||chopped rosemary|
|4 cups||chicken stock|
|15 oz||pumpkin puree|
|1 tsp||curry powder|
|1/4 tsp||black pepper|
|2 oz||goat cheese, softened|
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add diced apple, shallots, thyme and rosemary. Cook and stir until the apples soften slightly, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Measure out ⅓ cup of the apple mixture and set it aside.
- Add chicken stock, pumpkin puree and curry powder to the apple mixture in the saucepan, and stir. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep soup warm until serving time.
- Spread goat cheese on the crackers and top each one with a teaspoon of the reserved apple mixture.