A crafty idea for a dessert: a delicious little cake with an extra serving of raspberries straight from the refrigerator.
|1 + 3/4 oz||butter|
|9 oz||curd cheese|
|2-3||leaves of gelatine|
|3/4 fluid ounce||yogurt|
|5 oz||hibiscus flower|
|1 tbsp||corn oil|
- Crumble up the sponge fingers using a rolling pin.
- Grease a open dessert spring form with around 20 cm diameter. Melt the butter in a pan.
- Place the crumbled Schar Ladyfingers in the dessert form and mix in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture down onto the base of the bowl. Leave to cool and then place in refrigerator for around 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, drain the raspberries, put the juice into the pan and add the gelatine and 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Bring to the boil, stirring constantly, and leave to simmer until the gelatine has completely dissolved.
- Keep a few raspberries to one side for the decoration and add the rest to the pan.
- Mix well together and then place into the refrigerator for around 1 hour.
- Chop the hibiscus. Pout the curd cheese into a 1 liter (2 pint) capacity bowl and slowly add the raspberry mixture.
- Finally, add the yoghurt and half of the hibiscus.
- Spread the mixture over the cake and sprinkle with the remaining hibiscus.
- Decorate with the remaining raspberries then place into the refrigerator for at least half an hour until serving.
- Remove the dessert from the bowl and place into a serving platter.