Smoked Mozzarella Caprese Panini
This recipe was developed for Schär by Chef Sarah Green, a Culinary Institute of America graduate specializing in gluten-free food.
|8 slices||Artisan Baker White Bread|
|1||smoked mozzarella, thinly sliced|
|1/4 cup||packed basil leaves, chiffonaded|
|2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar, divided|
|1 pinch/es of||pepper, fresh cracked|
|1 pinch/es of||sea salt|
|1 tbsp ,||olive oil|
- Take 2 slices of the Artisan Baker White Bread.
- Keeping the dimpled side face up, begin building your Panini. Only dress one side, as the other will need to be flipped on top.
- First, place the thinly sliced mozzarella followed by the tomatoes, and a generous sprinkle of the chiffonaded basil.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of vinegar per Panini and crack some fresh black pepper and a sprinkle of salt on top.
- Place the second slice of the Artisan Baker White Bread with the dimpled side down on top.
- Heat the Panini press to a medium high heat.
- Brush the tablespoon of olive oil on the press so nothing sticks.
- Gently transfer the Panini to the press and cook for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the Panini and allow it too cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into sections and serve.