Spiced Pear Appetizer
A compliment for any holiday, this easy appetizer is a savory twist to our Honeygrams that’s sure to wow your guests. We recommend pairing with mulled wine.
|3||red pears, firm|
|2 1/2 cups||apple juice|
|1/2 cup||orange juice|
|2 tsp||pumpkin pie spice blend|
|1/2 cup||peeled almonds, chopped|
|10.5 oz||goat cheese|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each bacon slice into four even slices. You should have 36 pieces after cutting. Arrange pieces on a foil-lined baking sheet and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes, until crispy
- Meanwhile, using a potato peeler, peel the pears. Cut each in half, lengthwise. Core every half.
- Put the pear halves in a large sauce pot. Add apple juice, orange juice, and pumpkin pie spice. Simmer for 25 minutes until the pears are soft when punctured with a fork, but not mushy.
- While your pears cook, put almond slivers into a sauté pan on medium heat. Toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly golden brown. Put the slivers into a bowl and set aside.
- Once soft, remove the pears from the apple juice mixture and set on a plate to cool. When cool enough to touch, slice each pear half into six even slices, lengthwise.
- Put the goat cheese in a bowl and heat in the microwave for fifteen seconds to soften. Stir to smooth.
- Arrange the Honeygrams on a plate or board. Spread a 2 tsp dollop of goat cheese onto each Honeygram. Sprinkle with toasted almonds. Add one slice of pear to each. Top with piece of bacon. Sprinkle with sea salt.