When you bite into these crispy, flaky empanadas made with our Puff Pastry Dough, you’ll discover a zesty taco filling. We serve the empanadas with fresh salsa, guacamole, and lime wedges. Yum!
|1 package||Puff Pastry Dough|
|1/2 tbsp||olive oil|
|1/4 cup||onion, diced|
|1/2 pound||ground beef|
|1/2 pound||ground turkey|
|2 tbsp||Taco blend seasoning|
|2 tbsp||cilantro, chopped|
- Thaw Puff Pastry according to package directions.
- Pour oil in medium skillet and place over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until golden. Add ground beef to skillet. Cook and stir 5 minutes or until meat is thoroughly cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- Stir in taco seasoning blend and 1 tablespoon water. Cook 2 minutes. (Omit water if using ground turkey.)
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Cool 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Beat egg and 1 tablespoon water in small bowl.
- Unroll both sheets of Puff Pastry. Place a piece of parchment paper (or waxed paper) over dough and gently roll each sheet into a 12 x 11-inch rectangle.
- Use a 3 ½ -inch round cookie cutter to cut 9 circles from each rectangle. Brush each circle with egg mixture.
- Place a tablespoon of ground beef filling on each circle. Fold dough over in half to enclose filling. Press edges to seal.
- Transfer filled empanadas to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush empanadas with egg mixture.
- Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges, salsa and guacamole.
Tip: Make tasty Churro-style dessert bites with leftover Puff Pastry. Cut Puff Pastry scraps into similar-size pieces. Place on baking sheet and bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Brush lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.